A Third-generation Rotation Hinge Knee
The Rotating Hinge Knee is designed for limb salvage surgeries in patients and is also used for revision treatment of joint instability caused by ligament insufficiency or loss after knee replacement.
In 2018, AHK was launched, a third-generation rotating hinge knee prosthesis.
Our AHK is the latest extension and improvement of the already successful A3 knee system, (primary through to tumour prothesis)
The design philosophy, surgical technique and instrumentation of the AHK, inherits the same successful design concept of the rest of the A3 knee system.
The articular surface and hinge design of the AHK and AMRS (tumour prothesis) are fully compatible, thus providing a future revision pathway.
- Condylar loading rotating platform design dissociates shear stresses
- Primary compatible bone conserving central hinge mechanism
- Highly conforming polyethylene insert for increased stability
- Hinge post sits close to tibial axis for improved kinematics
- Shared femoral design to A3GT and ACCK
- Soft tissue friendly patello-femoral articulation
- Large 42mm hinge post jump distance
- Intuitive instrumentation platform
- Comprehensive range of cemented and uncemented stems and augments